--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> I like a lot of what Chopra says and writes.  And then
> there's stuff he is just stupid about.
>
> What i object to about him is his "Dauphin" airs, a
> kinda arrogance about him.

As I've said before, Chopra was "after my time"
in the TMO. I've never read any of his books, do
not expect ever to read any of his books, and
have no real feel for him other than articles
that have been quoted here or published on the
Web. That said, there does seem to be something
both attention-seeking *and* stupid about him.

But what I find more interesting is the enduring
hatred that long-term TMers seem to aim at him.
Whatever they claim on the surface, the bottom
line of it always has struck me as them being
*jealous* of him for *making* money by parroting
the same unoriginal, recycled spiritual dogma
that they had to *pay* money to parrot.

The average TM teacher or TM camp follower has
spent thousands to hundreds of thousands of
dollars learning and then parroting "knowledge"
that Maharishi himself (as far as I can tell)
was doing nothing more than parroting from other
sources. Chopra's main "sin" seems to be that he
figured this out and decided to cut out the middle
man and keep the parrot-money for himself.