--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2009, at 4:01 PM, ruthsimplicity wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> >>
> >> But what I find more interesting is the enduring
> >> hatred that long-term TMers seem to aim at him.
> >> Whatever they claim on the surface, the bottom
> >> line of it always has struck me as them being
> >> *jealous* of him for *making* money by parroting
> >> the same unoriginal, recycled spiritual dogma
> >> that they had to *pay* money to parrot.
> >

> > I am very suspicious of Chopra, always finding a way to insert
> > himself into a story. His writings after MMY died concerning his
> > illnesses did not hold together into a coherent whole.
>

> It is odd has he's always there, ready to step up to the mike. I
> suspect where his seeming contradictions with MMY come about is a
> combination of fast, off the cuff writing to an issue with a large
> emotional charge and the need to not--as one of MMY's successors--
> paint MMY as the scoundrel he was, lest he soil his own silk divan in
> the process. So he's also modifying the actual truth of MMY to both
> allow his own commercial succession and rework-the-guru-as-person in
> his own mind. The combination of an incongruent actor with someone he
> has to parse as a man of enlightened action, just falls apart.

May I ask, what Maharishi, ever did to yourself, Vaj...
That you would puch peoples buttons, to call Maharishi a scoundrel...
This not only makes you look foolish, but also, identifies you with being a
scoundrel...
Now, as far as Deepak being a scoudrel, I would agree with that...
As far as Depaak loving power and the power of money, I would agree with that...
I don't believe that Maharishi can be put in any catagory, that would have
anything to do with being a scoudrel...
That is just over the line, and is a pure lie.
r.g.