Lurk,

Of course, you're right, and I noted that the situation is entirely
artificial.

But, so what?

It was for funzies really.  And, if my darkside got a piece of the
action and felt affirmed, what's it to anyone here?  The intent to give
FFL a chance to be lovingly playful was worth "going with" as far as I
was concerned, and when Raunchy and Meow took the same risk, I felt
inspired by them -- their vows, their risks -- very real "worth" has
been wagered by them -- what's not to love about that?

On Mother's Day, millions pat their Moms on the back with a Hallmark
blurbification.  It could easily be dissed as the shallowest of
moodmaking on the part of the card buyer who's merely doing a pro-forma
act to symbolize "for Mom's sake."  Yet, no matter how shallow the card
giver, Mom's heart overflows in as real a manner as any heart has ever
flowed.  What's the harm of the artificiality if such reward can be
gained?

If this group can pat Raunchy and Meow on the back, good on us for
honoring the mantras they construct that can be ridden into
huggywuggyness.

If Turq or Willy had ever even once posted a poem like Raunchy and Meow
have, I'd instantly take them off my "troll" list.

Not that the poems have to be great or transcendental but that they 100%
signify a mind that is saturating itself with poignancy and swoony
harmonies and sharing that process here, openly, vulnerably.

It melts my heart it does.

Suppose Willy revealed that he still has his "Blankee" from his crib --
all tattered and frayed and stained but utterly precious to him for the
triggering of memories that it provides him lo these decades later.  Who
here wouldn't just bow to such a revelation? Who here could ever
completely dismiss Willy ever again if he were able to do that even once
here?

So, FFLers -- look at the hearts of these two laying it all on the line
- this is a real moment, a real call to having a relationship
transaction no matter how it wonkily came into being.

Again, the word is "playful."

As for my sins of manipulative intent, shame on my ego, but to make my
sins a dark light to cast upon the integrity of Raunchy and Meow would
be an error, right?

Vote for them as Lurk has done here -- do it with only a pro-forma
intent like you do every Mother's Day -- doesn't matter why you do it --
the doing of it has tremendous value in the real world.

And the cost is not $4.95; your vote costs you five seconds of typing,
yet that "card" will create real world warmth in real world hearts --
talk about something easy to do.

Stephen Crane said all I would say about the artificiality and
manipulation:

Once there came a man
Who said,
"Range me all men of the world in rows."
And instantly
There was terrific clamour among the people
Against being ranged in rows.
There was a loud quarrel, world-wide.
It endured for ages;
And blood was shed
By those who would not stand in rows,
And by those who pined to stand in rows.
Eventually, the man went to death, weeping.
And those who staid in bloody scuffle
Knew not the great simplicity.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<steve.sun...@...> wrote:

> I didn't realize Raunchy and Meow were in on this challenge as well.
I vote for them to stay, but I think this whole challenge deal is a
little manipulative.  Does one really need their postings affirmed like
this?

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Well folks, the time approacheth.  Raunchy and Meow have integrity,
and they've taken a vow to take time off from posting here if they don't
get at least a few more of you to say, "Here's my vote, please stay here
with us."

> > Raunchy and Meow are hitting us with poetry -- words like grand
piano notes that are struck solid like Cupid's arrows plunking a heart.

> > If these two cannot get the votes from folks here -- even given the
sheer artificiality, the ego, the nether dynamics of Edg's intent when
he first took his vow -- all that is nothing, a pin prick only, compared
to the sting of knowing that not enough FFLers could even append one of
their posts with "Yeah, okay, I vote for Raunchy and Meow."  To not even
be able to do that for these fine troubadours, well, what does that say,
what does that say?

> > I don't want to stop posting here, but my vow is my vow, and it'll
be a good therapy for me to take 30 days to mull the apathy here and try
to find even one reason to start posting here again.  Given the shut
down nature of the minds here if they cannot even, as a playful token,
signify their resonance with Raunchy and Meow by typing about ten words,
then, indeed, why would anyone ever want to post here?

> > There, that's the word I was looking for:  playful. Where are the
playful natures that all of us thought we'd end up owning by being
spiritual?  What is a party at Rick's worth if everyone is frowning and
cannot get it up to pat a fellow poster on the back for all the focus
and intent and passion they use to chisel out a block of text that can
entertain, open minds, and inspire us to see the harmonies that are
"just there" here at Rick's Party.

> > Calling all hearts, calling all hearts, be on the lookout for the
least compassion within -- if found, ask yourself if Raunchy and Meow
are worth five seconds of your time.

> > Get out the vote -- you have a chance to directly affect your future
in a powerful and obvious way -- far more satisfying certain to assure
something real happens than, say, voting for Obama was an act of
certainty for you.