(snip)
 I'm actually
> rather a fan of many of Osho's discourses that I've
> read; he's one of the most articulate teachers I've
> encountered. (He didn't like Maharishi much, but then
> Maharishi didn't like him much either. Pretty much
> par for the course among competing gurus.)
>(snip)
I remember, I was on my way to visit his ashram, one time, back in the 1980's,
but never made it there...(so, here's the intuitive hearsay...)

This is my take on Maharishi and Osho:
 'Mirror Opposites of Each Other'...

Maharishi claimed that Rajneesh, became enlightened, spontaneously, and didn't
come from a tradition, so he didn't have a structure program to help other's
get to the state of enlightenment...

Also, the gross, display of idolatry, with Rajneesh, with those expensive
English cars...and the weird lady that took over the ashram, and the murderous
plot to poison some of the people in the adjacent town in the State of
Oregon...Rajneesh, was eventually drummed out of the United States, and died,
feeling that he was poisoned by the C.I.A.

Rajneesh was into all kinds of 'sexual freedom', which included orgies, with
him watching, to see if everything was going well....

Srange, for a Guru to be so blantantly voyeuristic...
Anyway, we can see what happened with his movement, and the TM
movement...although, it is what it is, at least, compared to Oshos stuff, it
seems stable....and more on track, to create world peace and deep understanding
of consciousness, for the masses...and even though we all think that Deepak is
kind of strange, at least he is also expanded the knowledge for the sleeping
masses...
r.g.