--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" jstein@ wrote:
> >
> Sexist men are like badgers. Poke them with a stick labeled
> "sexist" and watch what happens.

Scenario One:

"I don't particularly think much of FFL poster X, because
he is consistently stupid, devoid of original thought, mono-
topical to the extreme, not particularly attractive in a
physical sense, abusive, elitist, ill-informed, and generally
an affront to the entire concept of 'humanness' as I under-
stand it, much less the concept of "spiritual."

Did the word "misandry" (hatred of men) leap to your mind
when reading this, or did you just think I was describing Off,
Nabby, or any number of similar guys on this forum?

Scenario Two:

"I don't particularly think much of FFL poster Y, because
she is consistently stupid, devoid of original thought, mono-
topical to the extreme, not particularly attractive in a
physical sense, abusive, elitist, ill-informed, and generally
an affront to the entire concept of 'humanness' as I under-
stand it, much less the concept of "spiritual."

Only one letter different. But did you somehow think that I
might have been describing Raunchydog and Judy Stein? And if
I had been, did you think "misognyny" (hatred of women)?

If so, they have you wrapped.

There was only one letter different. They would have you
believe that that letter makes all the difference, and that
someone saying what one thinks of a person *as a person* is
somehow all about them being a woman.

The two women in question would be equally despicable and
unlikeable if they were men, or toasters, or amoebas. Don't
lose sight of that...