--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rf...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:

> > > Notice that Barry has no proof of manipulation, quotes me
> > > or offers specifics about the nature of "exactly the same
> > > propaganda" I allegedly repeat, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST.
> >
> > Au contraire. You are promoting *exactly* the
> > same "Obama is trying to recruit people into
> > spying for him and supplying him with the email
> > addresses" meme that the right wing is spouting.
> >
> > What is fascinating is that you don't seem to
> > realize that it's the same meme, and that it
> > came from the same place, the same Republicunt
> > thinktank that thought it up and then sent it
> > out to the rightwing nutbag bloggers and to
> > the leftwing nutbag Hillarybot bloggers, know-
> > ing that they'd all jump on it like white on
> > rice and then broadcast it to their audience.
> >
> > What is hilarious is that you still believe
> > yourself a liberal **AS** you parrot the Repub-
> > licunt memes.
> >

> I concur that Ms Dog's motivation is her blind hatred for Obama because her
> "Champion" Hillary was defeated by him. She'll even justify her agreement
> with the distorted claims of the wingnuts to be able to demean the one who
> 'done her woman wrong.'

Quoting myself again:

"There isn't any reason for Obama to have private email addresses to counter
disinformation. Homeland Security and the FBI can easily find out whats
happening on the internet and Axelrod knows exactly how to counter as well as
spread disinformation. Citizen ratting on each only creates a climate of
paranoia, inflames the opposition, suppresses free speech and ensures the
necessity of a compromise on health care which will nix the public option." RD

"Who decides what is "fishy"? I don't agree with right wing opposition to
health care and I don't believe the Democrats should do anything to torpedo the
public option, which I believe the fishy email request will do. Obama has
absolutely no business suppressing free speech. Only in totalitarian
governments do citizens spy on citizens." RD

It's a fact that the request for "fishy emails" came from the White House. It
is not a rightwing meme. Your inability to see anything wrong with ANYONE in
government asking citizens to "report fishy" emails isn't fishy encroachment on
YOUR first amendment rights. Just imagine the howling you would do if Bush
asked for emails for people protesting the Iraq War. If Hillary were pulling
this same shit, I would object to it as well. This is not a matter of partisan
grandstanding on my part. It is a matter of standing up for what is right and
objecting when the government ANY government, Bush, Obama, Hillary, ANYONE
seeks to intimidate people exercising their right to free speech. If you don't
hold your government to account, no matter who is in power, count yourself
among the Sheeple.

I support a health care bill WITH a public option. IMO this tactic only lessens
the chance of that happening.