From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of raunchydog
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:45 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Obama wants FFLer's to report me to the White
House

 Barry is wrong. The request for citizens to report "fishy" emails comes
directly from the White House:

>From the White House:

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there,
spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors
often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual
conversation. Since we can't keep track of all of them here at the White
House, we're asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on
the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to
f...@whitehouse.gov <mailto:flag%40whitehouse.gov>  "

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

Who decide what is "fishy"? I don't agree with right wing opposition to
health care and I don't believe the Democrats should do anything to torpedo
the public option, which I believe the fishy email request will do. Obama
has absolutely no business suppressing free speech. Only in totalitarian
governments do citizens spy on citizens.

They're not suppressing anything or spying on anyone. They're asking to be
informed of misinformation that is being forwarded around between millions
of people, so that they can get a sense of which lies are most commonplace
and most in need of rebuttal.