ANSWERS BELOW, INTERSPERSED (READ TO THE END, PLEASE)

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
> >
> > Maddow complains that "Nazism is not a metaphor".
> >
> > Well, if she is unhappy with activists using "Nazi" or "Hitler" metaphors,
> > she should first complain about the #1 website that has been using these
> > very terms for the eight years that Bush was president ON A DAILY BASIS.
> >
> > I'm talking, of course, about the huffingtonpost.com, the left-wing
> > Obama-supporting site.
> >
> > The following is an advanced google search on the words "nazi" or "hitler"
> > appearing just on the huffingtonpost.com.  Note that there are OVER 45,500
> > hits:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/mu6elw
>
> I looked through the first three pages of hits.
> Not one was to an article that used the terms about
> the Bush administration (although there were a
> couple of commenters who did).

Who said anything about the hits belonging ONLY to the articles or the authors
of the articles?  Not me.

And, like you say, the commentators did...JUST LIKE SOME OF THE PEOPLE MADDOW
WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT WERE NOT POLITICAL PUNDITS BUT REGULAR CITIZENS WHO WERE
PROTESTING.

> They were either about Hitler and the Nazis
> themselves, without reference to Bush, or they
> were critiques of conservatives' use of the
> phrases to describe those they disagreed with.

Who said the 45,500 hits were ONLY directed at Bush?  Not me.  Please reread
what I wrote.

> If you want us to believe that HuffPo's actual
> writers were using the terms

...and where, pray tell, did I say or even insinuate that?

I talked about "activists" which includes bloggers AND posters.

> to refer to the
> Bush administration, you're going to have to
> plow through the hits until you find some that
> do.

Well, you already found several that referred to that made a comparison to
"conservatives" as you write above.

Okay: let's extrapolate that, Judy, to ALL the hits using the statistics that
you yourself amassed, according to what you wrote above.

Google returns 10 hits to a page; you got "a couple" of commentators that DID
make the nazi/hitler comparison to Bush.

So, that's 2 (a "couple" is at least two maybe more...but we'll go with the
minimum) out of a possible 30...or 1 in 15.

Well, dividing 15 into 45,500 is: 3,033. USING YOUR OWN FIGURES AND YOUR OWN
LOGIC, JUDY.

And it may not be a big deal to YOU, Judy, but 3,033 is a hell of a lot.

How many references to hitler/nazis were made by the ObamaCre protesters over
the past few days, pray tell?