--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Compared to what Hollywood is pumping out nowadays it was a
> masterpiece.

:-) I reserve the term "materpiece" for masterpieces.
IMO one can count the masterpieces in the history of
film on the fingers of both hands, and not take up
all of the fingers. This was not one of them.

> You're a little outvoted on the Mike Myers thing because
> other film goers on forums thought his role took them out
> of the movie. They even expected him to finish up with one
> of his comedic riffs. BTW, I knew going in he was in the
> film and knew that from seeing the trailer that he's in
> and then it was confirmed by critics on a show I watched.

I didn't know he was in it, and didn't notice when he was.

> So the English was dubbed to something else? Or are you
> saying they didn't include subtitles for the German and
> French language scenes?

I watched a downloaded copy with, of all things,
Russian subtitles. I studied Russian at one point,
so I could actually follow them a little. For some
odd reason, only the English and some of the French
was subtitled in Russian, not the German. Go figure.