--- What he meant, Vaj is 1. Once the person has attained Unity (or, if you
will, realized one's Prior, innate, transcendental Self); there's no more
evolution in that category.
 Now, saying "MMY didn't attain Unity" is what you're saying?...then you should
provide the evidence.  You're far better at making outrageous, false, claims
than providing evidence for some positive assertion of your own.
 So let's hear it....I'm waiting.....
I'll go first.  We can point to MMY's early lectures, say Lake Louise, 1968; in
which he clearly outlines the 7 "Stages" or levels (whatever terms one wishes
to use).  Obviously, from an Advaitic pov, such "levels" are delusional and one
can alternatively appeal to a "direct" path, bypassing all talk about the
"stages".  Nevertheless, talking about stages serves a useful purpose since
people (TM'ers may experience directly what MMY is referring to)...or may not.
In any event, there are advantages to talking about stages instead of the
Neo-Advaitic approach (you're already the Self, blah, blah...).
  Then, we have the testimony of various close followers of MMY. I've
questioned many of these people (long ago) and can use their experiences as
pointers to MMY's full attainment of the Self.  To use an analogy, if one kid
says, "I can count to 50", and another says, "I can count to 75", etc and they
all say, "So and So can count to 100", then this is good circumstantial
evidence of a progression.
In the case of TC, CC, GC, UC, these are discrete types of quantum jumps so to
speak: like electrons jumping from one orbit to another, set in the midst of an
ongoing progression when the whole field of relative existence is "transcended"
- according to MMY's descriptions in the books, lectures, and especially the
tapes which you helped uncover...indicating the Kundalini sign posts along the
way.
 Your Guru Norbu has none of any talk about such signposts. That's his
particular "direct" pov.  Fine, but MMY does, and all such lines of
circumstantial evidence point to his realization of the Self; beyond which
there is no "other", or "additional" level.
In the face of such a large body of evidence (and don't forget the accounts of
people like Jerry J, Walter Koch, and others); the claim has been made and
supported. He's fully Self-Realized not WAS.  IS!, wherever "he" exists now in
some subtle form.
Now you have made a contradictory claim. What's your evidence?
(HA!...didn't think so.).
Now in regard to the other contributors statement, re: many "levels", obviously
what he meant was levels of relative appreciation, since once the Self has been
realized, there's the infinity of relative existence to appreciate.  Looking at
the statements of Self-Realized Gurus from diverse Traditions, their "levels"
of appreciation of the finer levels of existence seem to differ quite a lot.
Thus far, no Super-Guru has appeared on the scene who (apparently) is able to
provide a complete description of the subtle Heavens and their inhabitants.
Some of the Buddhists provide glimpses of (say), the Pure Land, but Hindus may
give an account of Hindu-related Heavens.  No Super-Guru has yet appeared on
the scene with a complete picture of the geography of inner space.  Certainly
not your Guru Norbu Rinpoche.  He's a rank amateur.

negative