--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <dhamiltony2k5@>
> > wrote:

> > Shemp, if the research is positive and proves conclusively it helps people
> > with CHD, what's not to trust? The research? You're not making any sense.
> >

> Oh, I have absolutely no doubt that TM is the best thing for people with CHD
> and that the research will show that...AND that the research is done in the
> most objective, serious way.
>
> It's once the TMO gets its hands on it, interprets it, and then publishes it
> with gold-crusted paint on the sides that will ruin everything.

I see your point Shemp about the schmaltzy marketing, I agree it is gaudy and
maybe off putting for some folks. For me, I always thought it was fun that
Maharishi liked a lot of gold on everything. I fail to see how schmaltz would
ruin the value of excellent research. If the CHD research proves successful, it
should stand on its own without a lot of marketing. It seems like these are two
separate issues. And who knows, you might see future research published in
plain old black and white (boring) now that Maharishi isn't here to say, "Gold,
more Gold!"