--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rf...@...> wrote:

> > John, this was actually a very sweet quote. I can
> > only assume that the translator's choice of language
> > is extremely poetic, and that he did not feel the
> > need for an exact translation, merely one that
> > captured what he saw in the verse.
>
> Why do you assume that the author's words aren't an exact
> translation?

Just a hunch, based on the fact that they don't
sound anything like any translations of the Rig
Veda I've ever heard before. They sound more like,
say, Robert Bly's "tranalations" of Rumi, done
poetically and eloquently, but without knowing
a word of the original language.

> > But what fascinates me is what was *made* of the
> > quote here. Even reading only in Message View, it
> > appears that the only thing a few folks saw in the
> > verse worth discussing was one word -- "corn."
>
> Indeed.
>
> Considering that the whole Transcendental Meditation
> teaching according to MMY, is based on the authenticity
> of the Vedas, it IS interesting (but not very surprising)
> to me that not one person other than you has said one
> word about the topic itself.
>
> Rather, the comments are confined to quibbling about
> whether or not there was corn in ancient India.
>
> <Chuckle>

Yuppers.

Don't look for a great deal of more interesting
insight from me. I found it a really unique way
of describing the heart chakra, but these days
describing the chakras is not so much my interest
as utilizing them in various forms of meditation.