On Dec 18, 2009, at 1:42 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> Bevan sold out to "attention from the Master." IMO
> he did this because it was the primary myth promoted
> by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and promoted as an "ideal
> way of life" to his students.

There's a lot to be said for the guru as "spiritual friend". But the
Patriarchal guru as an absolute authoritarian figure is an idea whose time has
come and gone, as has that of the subservient, ass-kissing, boot-licking dweeb.
It surprises me that anyone who's part of such a trip could even consider
themselves as feminists--it's laughable. Men like Bevan just seem like
spiritual castratos to me--and strangely the monsters Mahesh's org created
actually sound like castrated men: effete, enslaved, unoriginal and completely
uninspiring.