Shremp, you are of course correct about Maharishi's endorsement of TM teaching
outside of the movement. On television on 14th May 2003 he stated:-
"What I have taught, because it has it's eternal authenticity in the Vedic
literature and you should know that, how many? 30 – 40 thousand teachers of TM
I have trained and many of them have gone on there own and they may not call it
Maharishi's TM but they are teaching it in some different name here and there.
So there's a lot of these, artificial things are going on, doesn't matter, as
long as the man is getting something useful to make his life better, we are
satisfied."