On Dec 24, 2009, at 5:21 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Vaj wrote:
> > On Dec 24, 2009, at 4:39 PM, Premanand wrote:
> >

> >> Some of the independent teachers are listed here:-
> >> http://tm-independent.de/TM_independent/itm-lehrer.html
> >>

> > Put your waders on.
> >
> > Interesting to see these independent teachers are continuing the Holy
> > Tradition of lies. They are claiming that TM is derived from Sri Vidya and
> > Advaita Vedanta--both of course are, <sigh>, untrue. Apparently this Theo
> > dude--who has sent me several emails offlist--also has put out some bogus
> > (and hilarious) TM research.
> >

> Do you think MMY just made it up or found it elsewhere? It sort of
> resembles something that might be from Nadi astrology. What I'm
> thinking is might have mentioned his predicament to some yogi or
> astrologer and they suggested the solution. You and I know that India
> as a lot of these procedures almost from village to village. In fact I
> think Parashara was actually cataloging the different techniques not
> intending that one would use all of them.

I'm surprised you'd ask that. They're very common mantras. Unless you mean the
permutations. They're just bijoddhara mantras--extracted bijas--a common way to
permutate mantras, based on simple rules.

Just before TM was introduced in India, a compendium of Mantra Shastra in
encyclopedia form was published in Hindi, Sanskrit and Bengali. It connected
mantra-yoga with the then known laws of physics. The series was such the rage,
that it was condensed into a one volume version (from the original six volumes)
and even translated into English. TM in it's current form came out right after
this popular book, the Japasutram, was published. Many of the English buzzwords
associated with TM can be found in the English version.