On Dec 24, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Vaj wrote:
> > On Dec 24, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
> >

> >> Thanks, but the reason I asked as I've never seen such rules in any text
> >> (with regard to the system). We may be talking about two different things.
> >>

> > I'm sorry. What is it you're referring to?
> >

> The mantra selection technique. Are you saying you found it in that book?

No. That's something he made up. Some have suggested it was based on the
ashramas, which does make sense and sounds like something clever and keeping
with the dharma-shastras Mahesh would come up with.

Paul has done some research on this, and it's NOT the way Swami Brahmananda
Saraswati did it. But given Mahesh's obsession with dharma regs, I suspect the
ashrama idea is not far off. After all, he had to hide that these were mantras
of goddesses and gods--so that was the perfect way to do it.

My mantra shastra guru explained there were two ways to give mantra
authentically: puja and adhikara. Adhikara meant you knew the person well
enough, like a traditional guru would know his student, to know what was best
for their personality, their goals and their karma. Adhikara was best, puja was
secondary--but with puja the correct way was what the student wanted or loved.
I do believe the way M. designed the mantra to be given and empowered is
authentic, just unusual.