--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:

> > > This entire thread is such a load of (since it's Christmas)
> > > reindeer manure. Even as the usual TM trolls, the ghosts of
> > > Christmas Past, unearth as much Scroogey dirt and scorn as
> > > they can possibly heap upon the TMO and Maharishi, I know
> > > in my heart their lies and lumps of coal concerning course
> > > fees, bogus knowledge and research, and off the reservation
> > > teachers, can never diminish Maharishi's greatness.  Bah
> > > Humbug, to the TM critics. May they be so lucky as to have
> > > even the a fraction of the capacity to bless us with such
> > > profound knowledge and give so selflessly of themselves for
> > > the betterment of humanity as did Maharishi. Jai Guru Dev.
> >
> > A certain amount of criticism, skepticism, and general
> > badmouthing, about which reasonable people could disagree
> > (or not), is to be expected on a forum like this.
> >

> I agree. Even mockery has it's place and is not off limits. However, it
> doesn't further discussion or leave open the possibility that people can
> agree to disagree. Mock away. Just don't expect to get away with lying.
> Violet has some wonderful commentary about mocking religion.
>
> Here's her money quote in the comments:
>
> "I'm sorry that so many people don't appreciate how dangerous it is to have a
> society where religion can't be mocked. I mean, that's how you get
> Inquisitions and people being executed for heresy and, for that matter,
> people flying airplanes into buildings. Frankly, the more religious you are,
> the more committed you ought to be to freedom of expression, including
> ridicule. Because that's your best guarantee against a situation where
> somebody else's religion becomes sacrosanct and you're looking at jail time
> or martyrdom for practicing yours.
>
> It's also the best guarantee for all of us against a situation where a bunch
> of twits in pointy hats get to decide what we can do with our uteruses."

Why are you so obsessed with your uterus, raunchydog?

Here's the reality: it's YOUR uterus to do what you want with as long as it's
just you; it's MY uterus to determine how your deal with it once a 30-second
old fetus inhabits itself there.

And by MY uterus I mean society's.  As long as you haven't been raped or had
sex against your will or with a relative in your immediate family, your are
privileged to host a human being in that uterus of yours.  No abortion for you.
 Sit out the nine months with a smile.

Have the baby and give it to the Catholic nuns if you must.  But no abortion,
no control over what up to now you have been deluded into thinking is YOUR
body. It isn't.  It's mine. MY male body's to control and direct.  Stay fat and
hormonal for 9 months at my pleasure.

That's what being a femal is all about.

Get used to i.