> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The vast majority of UFO
> > sightings are mispercieved naturally occuring or man made
> > objects, the latest triangle shapes are usually high
> > altitude fighter planes with their re-fueling lights on,
> > eery and silent.
>
> FWIW, from my NYC apartment window I saw lots of big
> commercial jets fly over the top of my building. From
> time to time, I'd see one flying quite low in comparison
> to the normal altitude, due to weather or some other
> peculiarity of the flight pattern that day. My attention
> would be drawn to it because the engine noise was so
> loud.
>
> The boomerang formation of lights I saw from that window
> some years ago was the apparent width of two of those
> jets flying wingtip to wingtip at that altitude. Its
> apparent speed was much slower than that of such a plane,
> and I could hear no sound at all.
>
> If it had actually been flying much higher--which would
> account for the apparent slow speed and absence of engine
> noise--it would have had to be *gigantic*, Star Wars-size.
>
> IOW, definitively not a high-altitude fighter plane.
>
> It *could* have been seven (or five, can't remember how
> many lights there were) helicopters, each bearing a very
> bright spotlight, connected by some sort of frame to
> rigidly maintain their relative position. That would
> account for the apparent size and speed. But they would
> have to have been flying so low that their motors would
> have been distinctly audible (a larger frame would not
> have been rigid enough to keep them from moving relative
> to each other).

I know it's probably a bit late but a phone call to the
airport might have revealed what they had flying around,
assuming they knew themselves! There have been many near
collisions between airliners and mystery craft it's always
assumed they are military test planes but the military
say that they wouldn't be so stupid as to fly in flight
lanes near airports. Jenny Randles (a very open minded but
rational UFO researcher) wrote a good book about it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Something-Air-Sensational-Encounters-Aircraft/dp/0709059744/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262082593&sr=1-3

Definitely *something* going on...

While we're on the subject, here's a book anyone interested
in cover-ups and conspiracies about UFOs really ought to read:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Shadows-Establishment-Official-Cover/dp/0749922907/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262082880&sr=1-1

These two had the amazing idea of actually going to the government
and asking them what they had about UFOs in their files. Strange
that no-one else had done this before but they lobbied for the
release of top secret files and the results are surprising.

A lot of the excerpts in Greers film come from sightings in England and they
scared the crap out of the air force, not because they thought an alien attack
was imminent but that the Russians may have had craft better than ours. It
turned out that all the radar
sightings of giant ships moving at incredible speeds were radar anomolies
caused by unusual weather patterns. As soon as the temperature inversions were
taken into account the radar "hits" stopped happening. It's a much needed sober
look at the evidence.