--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Rick Archer wrote:
>
> > All scientists get their research money from somewhere. Mostly either the
> > government or corporations, I suppose. Are you suggesting that
> > government-funded research is more biased than corporate-funded research?
> > If so, why? Corporations are beholden to their shareholders and are
> > notorious for doctoring research to protect the bottom line. Politicians
> > are also corrupt insofar as they are bought and sold by corporations, which
> > in our country they are to a disgusting degree. Hence, many politicians
> > sing the same song you're singing. What do they care? By the time Florida
> > is under water, they'll be long gone.
>
> I think the real reason Shemp likes the idea of AGW
> is because he's looking forward to owning some
> ocean-front property--in Arizona.
>
> Sal

Ah!

Sal secretly listens to country music!

I just saw an interview with the wonderful Norah Jones about her early
influences.  As you know, her music is as far from country as you can get.  I
was surprised to learn from her interview that almost all her early influences
were country music, which she adores.