ShempMcGurk wrote:

> Ah!
>
> Sal secretly listens to country music!
>
> I just saw an interview with the wonderful Norah Jones about her early
> influences.  As you know, her music is as far from country as you can get.  I
> was surprised to learn from her interview that almost all her early
> influences were country music, which she adores.

She did a couple of tunes at the Gram Parson's concert a couple years
ago which you can rent on DVD.  Parsons did a lot to get country music
out of the rut of hillbilly music.   He also had a background in jazz.
Country music became big during the ASCAP strike  when recording
companies signed "country" artists to get around the strike.