> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Quoting MMY again, he once said that many people in mental
> > hospitals are actually in a higher state of consciousness,
> > but neither they nor the people around them knew what it
> > was, so they were locked up.
>
> Probably not "locked up" per se unless they were suicidal
> or something. You don't get committed against your will
> unless you're considered a danger to yourself or others.
>
> The official Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental
> Disorders classifies dissociation as a disorder only if
> it's causing a person problems.

One of the clearest experiences I ever had of kundalini was the classical
serpent along the spine experiences.  If I didn't know about kundalini and all
that I would have, literally, thought a very large snake had somehow gotten
into my insides and was slithering along my backbone.  Fortunately because I
knew what it was I not only didn't think I was crazy but enjoyed the
experience.  But I can see how someonw without the knowledge of what it was
could very well think they were crazy.