--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>

> > Mainly, I'm curious as to how some-
> > one could believe this stuff for so long without
> > a shred of proof that any of it ever was true.
>
> Huh? You mean the miracle star that was seen day and night
> around the world wasn't proof enough?

I'm honestly curious as to how he justifies his
blind faith. As a former member of this forum said
on this issue (the Creme crowd latching onto a
person and calling him "Maitreya" and then claiming
that his denials "prove" that it's really Maitreya)
with these wise words: "Working with schizophrenics,
I discovered you can never make an end-run on a
delusion--there's always further justification to
incorporate contradictory facts. I guess the same
applies to Creme-ites! This would make great
material for a documentary film."

I agree on the "material for a film" thing. I hope
that someone IS making a documentary of what goes
on with this Raj Patel fellow. It'll be a spiritual
classic right up there with "When Prophecy Fails."