--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> So you have actually heard from Maitreya curtis ? How impressive ! May I ask
> where and when ?
> Or only more drivel and gross inaccuracies ?

That raises a significant theological question Nabby, I'm glad you brought it
up.  I was assuming as Turq mentioned that Creme was speaking for Maitreya with
the intimacy of perhaps the president's press secretary.  So if his
descriptions of Maitrey's teachings might be filled with "drivel and gross
inaccuracies" the question is how far off could he be?  For example could he
have it all wrong about the message of love and peace and could Maitreya be
coming to bring "not peace but the sword" as a previous savior claimed?  Could
he be coming to institute Sharia law everywhere?  How bungled could Creme have
gotten his message?

Now on to the concept of "drivel" and why I might take the time to challenge
the idea that Creme has added anything "positive" to humanity with his little
ruse.

Imagine a man visitng the doors of my poorest neighbors and giving them magic
pennies.  He didn't sell them, he gave them and would take nothing in return.
He told them that these were prosperity pennies and all the person had to do to
activate them was to put them under their sofa seat cushion when they watched
TV.  The pennies would activate and draw money from all sorts of unknown places
and would arrive in the mail very soon.

So the good people believed and watched so much TV sitting on their magic
pennies that they lost their jobs and eventually got their first notice of
eviction.

Now imagine another many knocking on their door and telling them that the
pennies were bullshit and despite the good feeling they gave at first were a
distraction from the reality of life.  If you don't pay you don't stay is the
rule of apartments and you have to work to make money.  But one person objected
and said "but we hate our jobs and they are very hard and pay us very little.
This man gave us hope and you are a bad man to take that hope away."

So the question is who was "helping' the people more, the skeptic or the magic
penny man?