On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> If some sort of actual anti-gravity effect was going on, the sidhas would
> *not* follow the standard parabolic arc seem in TM sidhas and common in
> any trajectory where the body is not acted on by some other force other than
> gravity (e.g. wind). It's just very basic physics.
>
> Therefore it's easy to conclude to sidha's "hops" are due to some sort of
> muscle jerking. Height and length of trajectory also seems to correlate with
> physical fitness and athletic prowess, i.e. gymnasts tend to be "better"
> yogic hoppers.
>
> So in other words, it's a scam preying on people with weak powers of
> discrimination.

I've been in flying rooms for a couple decades. Every year or two I decide
to take a look at other "flyers".  I look at the "flyers'" muscular effort
then I look at the trajectory they follow.  I've developed a pretty good
sense of how much power it takes to get, say, a ball in the air and the path
it takes.  Y'all have developed this judgement as well.  I get very worried
when it comes to me that these people aren't even doing yogic hopping.  They
are twitching, cooperatively moving the legs and arms to facilitate "lift
off", and following the path one would take in their air from the amount of
physical effort they exerted.  I also examine my own "hopping".  It's very
evident that there is no levitation involved.  If I hold my muscles very
taut, I won't get a micron off the foam.  After this, it takes a few weeks
to forget what I've re-discovered and become innocent once again with yogic
"flying".  All I can say is that when one performs the sutra, there is at
the beginning stage of practice a very strong desire to hop.  Maybe that's
step 0.01 of yogic flying.

--
"I have outlived my pecker."  -- Willie Nelson