From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of nadarrombus
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 5:15 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: how about a massive lawsuit against tmo

i agree with your perspectives somewhat and appreciate your thoughtful
response, i too am comfortable with my relationship to my experiences with
tm, tmo and maharishi etc. in the way that i own my own involvement
psychologically, i have been a weak human at times for better or worse, and
i see it all as a learning experience -albeit i was abused. i do use the
programs in a self regulated way that is better than what i was taught by
maharishi. i researched vedic literature and found flaws with his teachings
and contradictions with the vedic tradition. perhaps maharishi chose to
break with vedic tradition to be able to exploit it and play out his own
ego. i could be a sucker and a fool as much as anyone and i might abuse if
given the chance like any other person. tmo however claims that maharishi
was beyond mistakes and above law or rather was also the perfect natural law
beyond man made law. that makes him and his organization immune? i
understand that law is a social structure meant to protect people from
abusing each other, as a means to prevent further abuse and punish things
like fraud and exploitation. i am held accountable under law for
transgressions against law if say if i speed or profit from a scam, of
course only if i get caught. maharishi moved to holland to avoid getting
caught. i don't feel victimized per-say, just duped and i have a problem
with any lying that results in financial gain for some and loss for others,
for harm and loss done or caused with ulterior motive or otherwise. i
believe in punishment where it is due and retribution, justice. i think it
is fraud to make unsubstantiated claims for profit. maybe consumers are too
responsible and unprotected from this kind of situation in our society, just
add a disclaimer to your claims and let the ignorant become stupid for your
gain, they are stupid anyway!? well i think a citizen can sue in court and i
wonder if a lot of people would join together in a suit. tmo in my opinion
has abused many and deserves to be checked and punished by many, by law.
nature already punished maharishi with disease and failure and an untimely
death, and what is wrong with us serving justice with a suit? i think the
student loan system in general reflects our corrupt economic system and
profits bankers and wealthy at the expense of the general population.
maharishi seems to have justified exploitation for his touted superior cause
like many before him and used this student system to the fullest. i think
maharishi must have the record for bailouts as none of his programs and
claims ever worked yet people gave him billions. aren't tm, tmo and mum
promoting religious beliefs in the name of science -at least according to
some previous court cases. i owe a ton of money in student loans and
attended mum for eight years before i realized i was living like a religious
zealot. in retrospect i would have never attended mum or learned tm if it it
wasn't promoted and couched in the context of science. am i a fool who
bought a bait and switch hindu paradigm that had an official yet disclaimed
science tag on it!? isn't it true that maharishi teaches tm teachers to lie
to learners for their own good about the puja etc. well how about putting
complaints to action through law and perhaps reforming the tmo,
purification, progress anyone.
It seems to me that the TM Movement/MUM are changing more rapidly now that
at any time in their history. There are some good, sensible people in high
positions, who no doubt still have to contend with others less good and
sensible than they, but progress is evident. David Lynch's program seems to
be doing a lot of good. A large percentage of the MUM student body won't
tolerate cultish BS and are demanding and getting change. Dress codes have
relaxed. Group meditations are no longer mandatory. Some faculty, at least
visiting faculty, aren't even meditators. There's a thriving ecology
program. In many classes there are deep, skeptical discussions of concepts
that were once taught as gospel truth. And most significant of all, many
students are experiencing significant, abiding Awakenings. So change is
afoot. There is much yet to change, but something good is happening here in
FF.