> wrote:

> > snip
> > >

> > #1 Women's work – The world wouldn't turn without the
> > work of raising children, and caring for family and
> > community. But it's the work that is most often and
> > quite literally taken for granted. If the work that
> > women did were to be paid, how much would it cost?
> > Researchers put it at $11 trillion in 1995, or half
> > the world's total output. Movements demanding a basic
> > income grant are laying the foundations for this new
> > way of working and living. Valuing women's work would,
> > more than any other single thing, transform the way
> > we think about our economy and society.
>
> Obviously I'm in favor of valuing the work women do,
> but I'm not real fond of the phrase "women's work."
> By far the majority of the work to be done can be done
> by either sex, so I'm wary of perpetuating the
> traditional categorizations. That's an attitude that
> needs to change before there can be real transformation.
>
> (Although maybe if women were paid well enough for
> "women's work," men would stop feeling those kinds of
> work were beneath them and want to get in on the
> action.)

How does this work? Who hires the domestic workers? Who pays them? Is there any
limit? Any restrictions? If someone doesn't like their job, and they get paid
by the state , say $20,000  year per kid ... this is a path is not going to end
in a happy place. Bored with high school? Have 5 kids and score a cook 100
grand a year. If the kids turn out to be crackheads, can we go back and collect
the parent pay?

Can I get paid for doing "good things"?