> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> <snip many interesting thoughts>
> >
> > > It's refreshing to hear about possible
> > > alternatives, and obviously being able to envision them
> > > in the first place is a prerequisite to implementing these
> > > kinds of changes, but are they even remotely feasible in
> > > light of what exists now? Does it make sense to get all
> > > involved in contemplating how something so revolutionary
> > > would work if it takes time and energy away from doing
> > > what's currently possible around the edges?
> >
> > I think it is, but I may be deluded. And some of both is
> > possible. Doing small things within the context and vision
> > of the big thing would be best.
>
> In a nice bit of synchronicity, I'm currently copy-editing
> a collection of essays by women who lead various fairly
> radical reformist projects and organizations geared at
> empowering women. Some of the rhetoric is over the top
> and/or way out in left field, so to speak, but a lot of
> what they're actually doing appears to be just as you
> describe, little bitty nibbles in the context of the big
> visions. At times what they're up against seems so
> dauntingly huge it makes me want to go take a nap to think
> of how many of those little nibbles are going to be
> required to make more than a marginal difference.

It's a bit of a classic dilemma. Taking big leaps for immediate progress or
take smaller steps doing the right big thing -- after taking some time to get
clear on what that right big thing is. Better to do one or the other of these
than put ones head in the sand and get hoodwinked by flashy transient things.

And I am not sure reaching the goal, or when, is critical. Its that we make
effort and try to keep moving forward. Which may include rethinking, refining,
recreating one's vision of the big thing.

> > And if reincarnation is real, it opens up a larger
> > playing field. Think and begin to implement the Big Plan,
> > and if not successful this life, it will be ones deepest
> > desire at death and become the core of one's future lifes'
> > journies.
>
> Or, heck, the journeys of the next generations.

Yes, thats actually a better way to put it. Plant a seed for the next
generation to grow.

And the next (or next next) generation may be us. Or not.