--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine salsunshine@ wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:25 PM, lurkernomore20002000 wrote:
> >
> > > Are you saying that you have not had experiences that would be
best described as operating at a subtler, or quantum level of awareness?
If a true siddhi has ever been performed in the history of human kind,
would this not be an example of utilizing quantum mechanical laws?

> Why out of 10,000 hypotheses would QM be the key and sole driver?

  I don't quite think that I am, but please put forth another theory that
would explain extrodinary phenomena such as the performance of siddhi.
I experienced a remarkable siddhi one time.  I can't explain it.  But it
sure seemed that my awareness was operating from a level where greater
possibilities were possible.

> Are not the effects similiar in terms of remarkable phenomena being
displayed?

> I think its remarkable that I wake up in the morning, that the sun
"rises", that my truck works, and that one doesn't totally fall flat on
their face when walking. Therefore it must be proof that vedanta is true
and QM mechanics is behind it. (which is silly, because everyone knows
its the lepricans.)

Well what phenomena is quantum mechanics not behind?

> Do not the objective and subjective world meet at some point, and if
they do, where might that point be?

> 5000 peer referenced journals have now proven that the subjective
meets the objective when you open your eyes. Though sometimes, the S
hits the O (sequel to The OC?) when the forehead hits the ground due to
the walking hypothesis not working, the earth spinning faster than we
thought, the lepricans, or a tad bit too much Bushmills.

> > Do you really believe all that, lurk? You really
> > believe that there's some alternate reality going
> > on that you can't see (and that nobody
> > else can either) but can feel or tap into
> > every now and then, kind of like beyond the
> > looking-glass type of thing?
>
> Of course. Lepricans. Need I say more?
>

> > > What is the hang up between trying to make a connection between
these two, and using the terms consciousness and quantum mechannics in
doing so?

> > > And as reluctant as I am to use this example, if Rama levitated,
(and I have no reason to believe he didn't), would this not be due to
manipulating laws at a quantum level.