--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@> wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > > It is a concept, a conclusion we draw from our actual
> > > perceptions and sensations and mental awareness.  It is not
> > > a self supporting ontological identity like matter.
> >
> > ..."a self supporting ontological identity". That puzzles me!
> > What does that mean?
>
> > And how does matter get to have this
> > property?
> >

> Most of it is made in China -- and sold then through Wall Mart. Matter goes
> wild when Existence is on sale (SCI # 153) -- they really stock up for future
> need.

Just as I hit send I saw that I had written "role" rather than the intended
"roll!"  My freak'n unconscious mind knew it and went right to the word as I
hit send.  I wish I could speed up that process between my limited conscious
attention and my unconscious mind.  I've got it down now so that I remember the
stuff I have forgotten just as I leave my apartment complex for a gig.  It is
an acceptable lag time and doesn't eat up too much time.  Maybe I should sit
down a moment before I go and give my unconscious mind a chance to catch up?

So I might as well make use of the term "role" since perhaps my unconscious
mind preferred it.  You have been on a good roll with your role of both
furthering conversations and making us laugh.  At MIU Robert Winquiest started
a club he named the Socrates club where we met to discuss ideas.  But if anyone
got boring we could point our fingers and shout "Liar!" The first principle of
wisdom was that it was entertaining.  Nice work Socrates, keep on posting!