-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/chopra-blames-own-meditation-for-baja-
> quake/19426755?sms_ss=email
>   _____
>

> Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake

This is part of his game.  He makes it seem as if he is mocking the idea that
his meditation could cause a quake to attempt rapport with people who don't
share his actual belief that in fact his meditation does effect the
environment.  It is a way to mask the hubris of his true beliefs.  He almost
sounds like he has some common sense about the limits of his personal power.

But it is a carefully contrived image enhancing ploy.  Similar to Jerry's "aw
shucks I don't believe crazy things" PR image.

It would take a bit of questioning to find out that in fact Chopra believes
that it is the collective (energy,vibrations,negativity, leprechauns...)of a
group of people in an area that DOES create natural disasters just like his old
buddy Maharishi used to believe.  And that realized people (awakened,
enlightened, special {long bus not short bus}completely fabulous people) have
an even more powerful effect on everything around them just by (as Maharishi
told his Vedic Atoms) "walking the land."  He actually had them walk around to
bless their areas with their spiritual presence. (spell check first suggested
"pretense" for my misspell!)

My first interaction with this specific form of belief masking was with friends
at MIU from California.  They had a way of expressing things in a slightly
snarky way that let them go either way with a belief if pinned down.  It
allowed them to make outrageous claims with a wink,wink, nudge, nudge, that
said, "no need to challenge my groundless assertions because if you do I'll
just make it seem as if I was making fun of the belief to stay in rapport with
your skepticism.  And if you don't challenge the statement, then I mean it as
stated."  Is this a common Cali communication style?  I really don't know.

Both Jerry and Chopra have a habit of making fun of some outrageous belief and
making it seem silly for people to buy such an absurd thing.  Meanwhile they
are slipping in their own brand of crazy under the covered wagon of "nothing to
worry about here folks, just a few common sense principles of life that include
me closing my eyes and changing my mental state having a measurable effect on
the world."

Yup, sure you do. No really I'm sure you do, you betcha.  Really, I mean it.
Oh yeah. Twinkle twinkle.