--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>
wrote:
<snip>
> He then tells us to take off our shoes and socks and
> instructs us to pray to god, as we understand him/her/it,
> with our desire while he does his energy transmission.
> And, I'm yet again going WTF? All those seeds, plants and
> animals you supposedly performed magic on didn't have to
> pray in order for your woo-woo to work, so why do we?

Humans are more complicated? Lots more mental stuff
going on? Might inadvertently create some resistance?

> My upbringing was atheist, and unbounded ineffable
> transcendence is the closest I get to having anything
> resembling an understanding of god, and it's certainly
> not something I would pray to.

Why not do TM, or whatever gets you to the transcendent?
Or pray to the divine aspect of yourself?

If this dude does anything, I should think, it's to
somehow mobilize one's self-healing abilities. The
trick would be to get out of the way of whatever
aspect of one's self does the healing. Animals and
plants don't have anything to get *in* the way.

Just guessing...