> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"

> > > And the folks who knew about it, like the guys who put
> > > together the "Sexy Sadie" files, got better at keeping
> > > their mouths shut? Right.
> >
> > I'm guessing that the ones who talked about it don't
> > represent all the people who were involved.  And it a
> > group like TM secrets are the norm not the exception.
>
> Color me dubious that if he continued, he could have
> stopped all the drip-drip-drip of informatio that had come
> out previously.

> > > Right! Gee, if he hadn't been so sick, he might not have
> > > died so young.
> >
> > I believe that quality of life matters a bit more than
> > longevity.
>
> Speak for yourself. He chose a lifestyle that didn't
> exactly put a priority on quality of life, so that
> apparently wasn't what mattered to him.

He was a guy who had silk for wallpaper and never let his butt touch anything
not covered with the skin of an endangered species.  His diet was meticulously
prepared even to the point of him moving in an attractive cook from India to
the Olsen's house when her first came here.  I don't think you can say the guy
was not interested in the quality of his own life.  His lifestyle was as the
Maharaja of his own personal kingdom.  He had personal doctors at his beck and
call both Ayurvedic and Western, the guy was interested in every area of
quality of life.  I don't know why you would say he wasn't interested in his
quality of life.

> > His last 10 years sucked and his frail health was
> > obvious from the videos from that decade.
>
> Since he was 84, you mean. Most peope wouldn't think
> that was "long before his time."

You have a point.  I just can't stop comparing him to my dad who is about the
same age.  But by the stats he was probably quite normal.