--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, guyfawkes91 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Slowly, very slowly, the awful truth is beginning to make it
> through to the top guys in the TMO. But it's already too late
> to save MUM, it has no credibility in the academic world and
> so it can't get new staff. So no amount of economizing will
> allow it to survive. This news is just the first step towards
> the inevitable closure of MUM, with all that implies for the
> rest of the movement.
>
> When times are tough and people have to make tough choices
> they reveal their real priorities. You can be pretty sure
> that Girish's palace and Tony's Paris pad won't be sacrificed
> to keep MUM alive.

I hear they're trying to repossess Bevan's gold
codpiece, though. Before Maharishi died he threw
a shitfit about everybody being able to wear a
gold crown but him, so somebody suggested giving
him something gold that he could wear but "not
wear," meaning that it wouldn't show.

So they settled on a gold codpiece, figuring that
would puff up his ego the same way it does his
pants. But now they're rethinking it, because the
gold is worth more to the movement than Bevan is.