Vaj:
> ...they'll defend their anthill of delusion with
> everything from linguistic gymnastics to faked
> quantum physics.

Maybe so, but you still have not addressed the
central proposition made by MMY: the 'effortless
transcending', first mentioned at Madras in 1957.

We have discussed this on Usenet and FFL, but you
have failed to defend your own 'anthill' delusion
that TM requires effort.

Buddha Shakymuni:

"I crossed over the flood without pushing forward,
without staying in place."

"But how, dear sir, did you cross over the flood
without pushing forward, without staying in place?"

"When I pushed forward, I was whirled about. When I
stayed in place, I sank. And so I crossed over the
flood without pushing forward, without staying in
place."

SN 1.1 PTS: S i 1 CDB i 89
Ogha-tarana Sutta: Crossing over the Flood