On May 8, 2010, at 12:01 PM, WillyTex wrote:

> Vaj:
> > ...they'll defend their anthill of delusion with
> > everything from linguistic gymnastics to faked
> > quantum physics.
> >
> Maybe so, but you still have not addressed the
> central proposition made by MMY: the 'effortless
> transcending', first mentioned at Madras in 1957.
>
> We have discussed this on Usenet and FFL, but you
> have failed to defend your own 'anthill' delusion
> that TM requires effort.

It's not my assertion, it's a basic foundational tenet of Indian philosophy,
including the yoga of Patanjali. That's why the word for "effort" in Sanskrit
is also the word for "technique". If there's a technique involved, there's
always some form of effort involved, as Mahesh even admitted in old TTC's. His
students, relentlessly parroting their own misguided ideas with little
independent investigation, never seem to have gotten a clue...