> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> >
> > No need to reduce other paths to "Transcendental Meditation." This a
> habit that Maharishi had that, IMHO, cultivated arrogance and separation
> from others not doing what "we" did. The TM/ TM-Sidhi program offers a
> great sadhana or spiritual practice, but it failed to address necessary
> critical behaviors while on the path towards Realization. This failure
> to cultivate these values led to the profound dysfunction of the TMO and
> ultimately to its failure (failure is a relative term here. The TMO and
> MMY can also be seen as very successful in other contexts). TM is not
> the "gold standard" of spiritual practices. It simply is one of many
> bodies of yogic practices that contributes to increasing sattva in the
> body/mind. I don't believe there is a "gold standard" in any objective
> sense.
>
>   Also, I would like to apologize ahead of time for my reasonable tone. I
> will get shrill and irrational if that is more appropriate.
>

> That's old school.  That's our Dr. Pete.  And didn't even send it from
> his blackberry.

Dear Pete, that is quite true as caveat to what was said.  Part of the local
interest in that definition about Ammachi is that it is so essentially
'transcendental' like the Transcendental Meditation's.  Read it and she
evidently is an ally in the war on ignorance.

Yet, here in Fairfield the dome administrative policy is still "Don't ask,
don't tell" when it comes to visiting ally saints and Ammachi in particular.
Visiting Ammachi will git you pulled from the dome & denied a badge still.

But on the other hand if you are male, a healer, dress more as a Westerner
saying the same things, doing subtle energy work and teaching spiritual
techniques to help with the subtle psycho-spiritual things that you are talking
about then the TM movement will now endorse you as a healer, and let your
visitors as well as supporters be in the domes meditating.  The irony is
stunning also given their earnestness in getting better dome numbers.

-Buck in FF