> > Dear Turq,
> > Nice summation. I was wondering if anyone else noticed the
> > hyperbole in that. My eye popped too on reading that both
> > from the Institute web page and their recent mailing.
>
> It's a pretty bold statement coming from an organization
> that has the financial resources with which to achieve this
> "magic number" of 2,500 people overnight.
>
> And that chooses not to do so.
>
> I have a theory as to WHY the TM movement doesn't do this,
> and doesn't use its own considerable funds towards achieving
> this number they say is so important to them.
>
> That theory states, "They never want to achieve it."
>
> If they did, and it didn't work, well what can they do?
> Oh, that's right...they've already done it...moving the
> target further away -- from 1,750 to 2,500. If they got
> the 2,500 and nothing happened in the world to justify
> their grandiose claims, they'd have to move the target
> further away AGAIN.
>
> I think the current strategy is to kill two birds with
> one stone. By making it Someone Else's Responsibility
> to pay for all these new buttbouncers and keeping the
> "undesirables" out of the Domes, not achieving the
> magic number becomes Someone's Else's Fault. The former
> weren't generous enough, and the latter weren't pure
> enough.
>
> AND, at the same time, because the likelihood at this
> point of Somebody Else ponying up the extra cash is
> pretty low, they get to put off having to prove the ME
> theory. They can continue to talk the talk, without
> having to walk the walk.
>
> Harsh? I don't think so.
>
> I mean, if you *really* believed in the ME as much as
> these Rajas and TMO mouthpieces claim they do, wouldn't
> you want to do ANYTHING in your power to make the magic
> number happen?
>
> Everything except the one thing that *could* make it
> happen -- paying for it yourself.

Well, the other 'thing' really besides 'funding' people to meditate in the
domes would be rescinding the administrative DADT policy for those meditators
who would like to join and could join the group meditations in the domes doing
TM and the TM-Siddhis.  The remedy is quite simple and in the hands of the TMo.
 They don't have enough people around to just pay anymore.  In fact, they need
to come to terms with the meditating community if they would really like to
have their numbers where they would like them.  This is a 20 year problem they
have let fester.

Their tragedy (the TMo's) is that neither of the theorem #1 or #2 will get
close to being tested either way no matter how much the true-believers might
wish, if their own old problem of excluding meditators over visiting spiritual
healers and other spiritual saints is not simply and directly nullified.

They have an old administrative problem that has become cultural which they are
going to have to deal with internally to get the meditating community back
together in the domes otherwise.  It appears that won't happen easily before
the Trustees might with strong backbones remove some very large body(s) in the
way.

God help them.

Jai Adi Shankara,
-Buck