> Does taking Anti-depressants preclude spiritual experience?
>
> Just wondering given the recent experience of exulted experiences and suicide.
>
> Exulted transcendental experiences and depressed.  Does taking
> anti-depressants also shut off the spiritual experience?  Get in the way of
> transcending?
>
> I don't know.  I'm just wondering given the recent example.  Spiritual
> experiences and anti-D's?  Anybody got real experience to relate to?  Dr.
> Pete, what do you know?
>
> Acedia as spiritual depression, is there a place for anti-D's in spiritual
> depression?  Should meditators be afraid of taking anti-D's?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Buck

I was wondering about anti-D's in particular.  Folks can go through doldrums
and be discouraged in their spiritual practice, triggered or different from
other more common depression.

Is there a place for anti-D's for the spiritual depression of Acedia?  Or do
those drugs while being as physiological mood-elevators dull spiritual
experience?

Anybody got experience that way with it?   Seems there is a lot prescribing of
anti-D's.  For all ages.  What is its (the anti-D drugs) impact on spiritual
experiences aside from the depression?

Just wondering,
-Buck