OK, I'll give this one shot.

When Judith observed that one of the women who more or less "replaced" her, and
who had left MMY very suddenly, died soon after in a plane crash, it scared the
daylights out of her. She thought perhaps MMY's had that kind of power.

Again, read the book. You'll draw your own conclusions and won't be relying on
me for info.