MMY absolutely proclaimed himself to be a celibate monk. He is on tape many
times saying this. If memory serves, one of the many times was during his
interview with Larry King.

He advised many men to be celibate. (He personally advised ME to be celibate
and I was married!) He started the so-called "M" group right about the same
time the events of the book take place. The "M" was for Monk.

I've heard of this same kind of thing happening with other gurus. While the
master is enjoying the young females around, he advises the men to be celibate.
Clever, eh?