I don't think he has been initiated into TM since: a. he exhibits scant
knowledge of the technique and the results of practice,
 b. doesn't realize that through TM, "transcendence" may = a whole spectrum of
various appreciations of the Self, but not amounting (except in rare cases);
true "Samadhi" as described by the Traditionalists.
Basically, he desires to trash the entire technique since it doesn't readily
lead to Samadhi; but fails to recognize that there are plenty of things in life
that give partial benefits.
OK, TM is an incomplete technique, so what? Practitioners should make up for
the deficit by adding other methods; or finding something better.
http://www.startlingart.com/Viewer.asp?ImageSource=fine_art&FileName=TheMonsterBehindtheMask-Web