How long did it take for you to realize that it could have been
metaphorical? Or do you think Maharishi did mean it literally that you
could have perfect health and live forever?
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...>
wrote:

> For most people the death of concepts and beliefs is far harder to
accept than the death of the body, otherwise the beliefs wouldn't
persist for so many lifetimes.

> I remember there was a time about 20 years ago when I could easily
string together something like TM=enlightenment (eventually)=perfect
health=immortality=because Maharishi said so. I actually thought
Maharishi would prove all of this to the world by living for a couple
hundred years. Really glad I changed my mind. :-)

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter drpetersutphen@ wrote:
> >
> > I find it amazing that some people in Fairfield didn't seek medical
treatments for serious medical conditions. did they really think they
were going to meditate their cancer/diabetes/heart disease away?