--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2011, at 10:11 AM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, changing your tune, Vaj? Or just stirring up controversy.
> >
> > BTW, my own take is that one can glean the most subtle aspects of
> > Vedic teaching from MMY's most superficial exposition if one is
> > subtle enough, and that the most subtle teachings are wasted if you
> > aren't.
> >
> > So what does it matter?
>

> Usually the upadesha or "close instructions" of a teacher are
> considered a very precious things for their students. YMMV!

I put "guru" in quotes when I refer to MMY. I would have loved to have met
him/studied with him/etc., but I take his teachings at face value: I don't need
direct exposure to a guru (any guru) to gain enlightenment and I trust his
judgement concerning what was worth my while in the context of learning TM,
SCI, etc.

Lawson (householder through and through)