--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shanti2218411" <kc21d@...> wrote:

>     I agree.I am a psychologist and after having seen thousands of clients, I
> have no doubt that one of the most fundamental mistakes people make is
> thinking reality should be than what it is at this moment.Denial of what IS
> invariably results in the perpetuation of suffering.This is very clearly
> illustrated in addiction.BTW a book that presents a simple but effective way
> of working through resistance is "The Myth of Stress' by Andrew
> Bernstein(sp?).

* * * Beautifully put! I will keep an eye open for it, many thanks. My favorite
eye-opener to date on the subtle mechanics of the subject is Byron Katie's
"Loving What Is".

Yes! The whole issue of addiction is fascinating. What I have called "Brahman"
or "Wholeness" could just as easily be called sobriety. Upon reading Anne
Wilson Schaef's "When Society Becomes an Addict" and "Escape from Intimacy:
Untsngling the 'Love' Addictions: Sex, Romance, Relationships," I was struck by
how clearly she described the mechanics of the Dark Night and Awakening (or
"Brahman") without ever using those terms :-)