--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, blusc0ut <no_reply@...> wrote:

> What would you actually recommend to a person wanting to
> learn meditation? Do you recommend a book? Anything of
> Rama?

Nothing from Rama, nothing from Maharishi. If I say
anything at all, it's to refer them to a couple of
groups I've run across that charge very little or
nothing and do absolutely nothing to rope the people
they teach into their organizations.

> I think you said that you wouldn't need to require
> personal instruction or an elaborated course.

I think the most I've said on that subject may be
that I've learned valuable meditation techniques
sitting in a large room with a lot of people. They
worked fine. No discernible difference between them
and "personal instruction."

> I sometimes meet people, and I cannot follow them up,
> they ask me for advise how to meditate. (I had this
> Russian lady driving to the airport yesterday).

I tend to give them advice merely on what to look
for in the groups they investigate on their own,
and what to be wary of, and then tell them to
make their own decisions.

> I may even initiate somebody TM style again, after
> so many years, some friend asked me for it, so I
> guess I will probably do it, without money, org,
> and leaving all dogma aside.

I would never do this, for many reasons. But you
are certainly welcome to, if you feel comfortable
doing so.