--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jpgillam" <jpgillam@...> wrote:

> I wonder what prompted them to use the word "eugenic"?
> It doesn't apply, and its connotations are horrific.

That puzzled me as well. The PeaceMakers Institute, of
which the Pentagon Meditation Club is a division, has
this definition:

"Eugenic Radiance
"Improving, or relating to the improvement of the human race
by radiating or sending out positive energy waves generated
by the flow of life - invisible Light."

http://peacemakersinstitute.org/inner_light.htm

So the common element in PMC's use of the term "eugenic"
and the usage meaning the selective breeding of human
beings is simply "improvement of the human race"--but
obviously by very different means. And "eugenic radiance"
doesn't seem to have anything to do with biological
heredity.

BTW, here's Edward Winchester's bio (someone asked in
another post):

http://peacemakersinstitute.org/Biography.htm