> > In other words; no transcendence...

Vaj:
> Actually full transcendence, not stuck in a laya
> (TM) and merely transcending part of the mind. TM
> would be kind of an entry level practice prior to
> mastery of ajapa-japa.

The very best form of ajapa-japa seems to be the
practice of basic 'TM'. According to what I've read,
"japa" in Sankrit means to be remembering your bija
mantra; ajapa-japa means a constant awareness of the
bija without having to remember it.

> It's simply a level of practice not taught in the
> TM Org.

Actually, 'TM' is basic Mantra Yoga.

"The letter A in front of the word japa means without.
Thus, ajapa-japa is the practice of japa without the
mental effort normally needed to repeat the mantra.
In other words, it has begun to come naturally,
turning into a constant awareness..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajapa_japa