On Feb 21, 2011, at 8:26 AM, Vaj wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2011, at 2:37 AM, cardemaister wrote:
>

>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pall <thomas.pall@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> SSRS is a master in the Astavakra, pun intended.  He starts it off
>>
>> Pray tell, what the phuk does this mean:
>>
>> The cause of your bondage is that you are still
>> resorting to stilling the mind. (AG I 15).
>>
>> The original seems to be:
>>
>> ayam eva hi te bandhaH samaadhim anutiSThati.
>>
>> (samAdhim, sama:dhim, sama_dhim, samádhim, etc, heh...
>

> Still stuck in the polarities of calm vs. waves?

Byrom's translation is:

You are bound
Only by the habit of your meditation

Or in our context:

You are bound
Only by the habit of your Transcendental Mediation™

and miss that you are already free, without flaw and luminous.

Consider Judy, who takes to heart many memorized ideas, but not to the spirit;
and thus ends up wedded to her waking state concepts, mistaking them as real,
carrying around her pet rope.

One of the problems of meditation is forgetting to unlearn meditation.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: