Yeah, its one of those weird things - Those who haven't done TM for years and
years, are the ones constantly talking about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, as if he
were an active and vital, albeit negative, force in their lives - Right Now.
Most of the long time continuing meditators here rarely talk about MMY except
in passing.

It is those who had nothing to do with a teacher for decades who are now
obsessed with scrutinizing his personality. These folks regularly make a big
deal out of someone who gets farther away with each passing day. Truly the
mirror image of the TMO. Why?

My unasked for opinion: Work it out, get a life, have a donut...but Maharishi
is never coming back as Maharishi to make right or fix or admit to or cause a
world wide AHA over his behavior, good and bad,  or do exactly what it is you
want him to do, to make it all right with you. It will never happen.

Given that, why the obsession with Maharishi? :-)