<snip>
> Speaking directly to the "Buck" persona, what would
> he answer to the question, "Has it ever occurred to
> you that adherence to these policies is, in fact, a
> ploy to keep the 'Dome numbers' *down*, a way of
> making sure that the 'right numbers' are never
> reached, and that the 'Maharishi Effect' is thus
> never put to the test?"
>
> The former Big Donor who left the TMO so noisily
> (whose name I almost forget but now seem to remember
> as Kaplan) suggested in his parting shot letter that
> Maharishi himself suggested this to him.

Lawson pointed out the obvious not long ago: It's
*vanishingly* unlikely that MMY would have suggested
such a thing to his Big Donor, from whom he was
soliciting funds for the big TM-Sidhis group, no matter
what MMY himself believed.

OTOH, it's not at all unlikely that Kaplan, at the time
he wrote the letter, remembered what he wanted to
remember MMY saying in that conversation, and that what
MMY actually suggested was something quite different.

Of course, Barry believes what Kaplan reported
implicitly, despite the fact that Kaplan *also*
described all kinds of weird woo-woo that he claimed
MMY was doing to psychically enslave TM-Sidhi
practitioners, stuff Barry would dismiss immediately as
fantastic nonsense.

Talk about yer confirmation bias and cherry-picking!